How do we do this?
LE tools such as centering, restore and support access to the long-term, higher functioning aspects of the brain -
- big picture thinking,
- and intuition.
Stress mutes these higher functions and activates short-term survival behavior – narrow focus, hyper vigilance and defensiveness.
What makes our program different?
LE provides simple and powerful ways to practice while you are working. We do more than tell you about the process, we create a simulator so that participants learn to recognize their own stress patterns and apply techniques that allow them to deal with stress more gracefully and effectively.
When leaders use LE principles they accelerate their potential to align conceptual, emotional and physical aspects of leadership excellence.
The Path through Leadership Embodiment
If you want to grow in any skill, practice is essential. Leadership presence is based in the body: since non-verbal communication accounts for 70% of any message, aligning our physical and verbal messages is essential.
The body learns slower than the mind: steadily, through contrast, exaggeration and mid-course correction.
Our Fundaments courses provide a map into the Leadership Embodiment practices that grows your skill and your capacity to recover your center under pressure, to develop capacity to Be Better.
Fundamentals: Level 1
The fundamentals Level 1 course offers participants an introduction to LE practices and principals. Working in pairs, we chunk down learning into simple physical exercises. Individual debrief and group discussions create a dynamic learning container. Through simple exercises that apply light pressure, we are able to recognize the patterns that arise when we are under pressure. Once we are familiar with our pattern, we apply centering practices to help us shift to a more creative, compassionate and skillful state.
The Fundamentals Level 1 Course will introduce you to:
- The language and basic forms of the LE model.
- Getting to know the “signature” stress pattern of how your system reacts under pressure.
- The “How” to shift from a reactive state to a responsive, skillful state.
- Exercises to increase your access to Presence, Confidence and Compassion.
- A way to re-engage clarity and compassion when faced with conflict or opposition.
- Practices to synchronize the physical and energetic system with what is being said verbally.
Intermediate: Level 2
Attendees are familiar with the language and principals of the LE model allowing instructors to introduce more advanced dynamics into the group. Exercises will continue to be debriefed between individuals and the group.
The Intermediate Level 2 course will introduce you to:
- Working with the wooden practice sword to raise and work with energy, especially when Advocating
- Working with aligning your 3 centers when speaking: head, heart, belly
- Bringing in support to Advocate clearly, inclusively in a way that includes challenges rather than pushes them away.
Wendy Palmer, the founder of LE is the lead instructor for all retreats.
Retreats are an opportunity to come together with the community for more intensive practice of the LE work. The retreat intensive involves sitting meditation practices and LE exercises. Each exercise is practiced for a silent 30 minute period, giving us a chance to deepen our practice. Wendy will lead the group in multiple 30 min meditations throughout the day.
- Non-residential for local participants
- Accommodations will be made available for participants coming in from out of town.
Download our Path to Leadership Embodiment flyer for information to take with you.
A follow-on to the main LE Path of L1, L2, and a Retreat, the Coach Training gives a full package of support and instruction on integrating this practice to use with clients.
For a full description of the program, see Coach and Teacher Training.